[Peace-discuss] July 4th parade - #95 - if you'd like to march with AWARE / Green Party ...

Stuart Levy stuartnlevy at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 17:17:26 UTC 2016

If you'd like to march with the AWARE / Green Party contingent this July
4th, here what you need to know - supplement to Karen's earlier note...

*Weather:  *Mild (70s) and cloudy, but 50% chance of rain.
     Let's still try if it's raining a bit - so *bring an
umbrella/raincoat.*
     *They'll cancel the parade *in case of heavy rain/thunderstorm.

*Time:*  We're supposed to gather at 10:30AM.
     Later's probably OK, but you should aim to be there by soon after
11am anyway.

*Place: *Assembly Hall ("E-14") parking lot, on the west side of the hall.
    *Parking* in the *Kirby and Oak *corner of the lot*(northwest corner).*
    Likewise come by that corner if you're dropping someone off.

    Request: *Can someone park a car in this lot,* so that we can store
un-carried signs in it?

*Our entry number: # 95* (see map).
    *Near the Oak St (west) edge of the lot.
   * We're midway between Kirby and St. Mary's Road, and close to the
checkin booth.

*Signs:*  We have *lots*, made by Don Stuart Carl and especially Karen,
on the theme:
       *"Celebrating America's History of Protest".*
     And David Green will bring signs for the *Green Party principles.*
     Or bring your own if you like!

*Neighbors:*
     We'll be behind some musicians - "Skip Thompson -- Candy Foster and
Shades of Blue" - and ahead of Champaign County Bikes.

*Destination:
     *The usual place, Lincoln and California, probably around 1pm or
before.

Karen's favorite sign: She made one which reads --
    "Got Rights?   Got Benefits?  Thank a Protest Movement."

Assembly Hall lot map, with *parking area *and our*#95 starting point*
marked -
Kirby at top, Oak St at left, St Mary's Rd at bottom, First St at right: