[Peace-discuss] Demonstration today

Carl G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Sat Jun 4 23:56:49 UTC 2016

KarenA was right. We weaker brethren applaud your resolve. (I spent the afternoon with a group watching an indifferent movie at the Art.)

"The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country;
but s/he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman.
Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us,
that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.
What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value."

—CGE