[Peace-discuss] July 4th Parade ?

C. G. Estabrook cge at shout.net
Sun Jun 5 07:58:52 UTC 2016

David—

During the Bush-Obama wars, AWARE has had some (sometimes rather elaborate) floats in the July 4 parade, and in recent years AWARE members have marched with other groups.

I’d be open to doing that again, but I wouldn’t want to march with people or groups who will eventually be part of a Clinton campaign, even if they consider themselves “progressives.”

I think that would contradict what AWARE has stood for - but I could see AWARE being part of what is essentially a ‘Bernie’ coalition.

Would that work? I’ll plan to raise the matter at tonight’s AWARE meeting and on peace-discuss and fb.

Regards, Carl