[Peace-discuss] what's up with the Clinton nuke bailout?

Karen Aram karenaram at hotmail.com
Tue May 31 23:29:29 UTC 2016

Bob

Good question, because all around the world people are screaming to close down nuclear plants. In the US we have Hanford in the state of Washington, which has been leaking dangerous amounts of radiation for some time now. Turkey Point in Fla. is a problem. And, one must keep in mind the US hasn't built a new nuclear plant in over 36 years. It's true Westinghouse has developed the most up to date model, they are marketing.

In France, the #1 when it comes to building nuclear power plants, workers have gone on strike and now management is attempting to prevent cool downs which are very dangerous if not controlled properly. Managers are not necessarily skilled workers either.

The Chinese put a hold on their production of new plants after the Fukashima disaster, though I will have to update my info. on that.

The concern over workers being unemployed is a joke, given the lack of concern for workers in general in this state/nation.

Maybe it's because there is big money in the financing of upgrading nuclear power plants that has this issue on the table of concern. Or, the fact that prices are coming down for solar, which also provides employment, and doesn't degrade the environment.