[Peace-discuss] AWARE?

Stephen Francis stephenf1113 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 10 08:08:17 UTC 2016

I was curious about the scope of the web presence of AWARE on the internet. There doesn't seem to be anything. This may be by design considering the closed nature of the groups on Chambana.net. I'm not that familiar with what Chambana.net is, but ultimately it seems that nothing posted on AWARE gets out on the internet.  Anti-war.net has miniscule traffic. If I'm wrong about this, please someone let me know. Individual NewsFromNeptune videos get about 20 views per year.
The postings on AWARE seem to be completely palatable to the general public. Many similar groups have a presence on social media with similar content and have thousands of members and a world-wide scope. https://www.facebook.com/AntiWarLeft/
You all might as well be in a little shack in the middle of a vast forest next to the tree that falls that makes no sound because there is no one present to hear it.

I have a number of websites and a social media presence that reaches tens of thousands of people on all continents every month. My internet ranking is in the top .03% in the world. https://www.similarweb.com/website/newsfollowup.com 350k / 1.1billion total websites. I enjoy about 10 times the traffic of UCIMC.org
I'm far less educated and articulate than most of the members of AWARE but with just a small skill set completely overwhelm AWARE's effect on the antiwar movement.

We are both anti-war organizations, but that's where the comparison ends. I focus on Israel / Zionists role in war, but AWARE obfuscates or ignores their involvement.  There seems to be genuine effort to promote the anti-war cause but with this limitation, can anything really be accomplished? Being in a university town has a great deal to do with this, if you know what I mean.
You stand on that corner once a month for over a decade now with little growth or change... what is this about? You seem to be content with your present direction. The evaluation and change process does not seem to be in the cards. It just seems to be a waste of substantial talent.
I'm just thinking out loud here... and wondering ... what is the motivation and group psyche of AWARE....why would someone go out in the forest and just talk to the trees? and keep doing it year after year?