[Peace-discuss] My experience with the U of I recently

C. G. Estabrook carl at newsfromneptune.com
Wed Sep 21 17:45:09 UTC 2016

And you know I speak none of the language beyond "Hello.” But they had me from that.

 百花齊放/百花齐放 (bǎihuāqífàng, “let one hundred flowers bloom”) + 百家爭鳴/百家争鸣 (bǎijiāzhēngmíng, “let one hundred schools of thought contend”):

the phrase was used by Mao Zedong in 1957 to launch the Hundred Flowers Campaign.

—CGE