[Peace-discuss] Letter to the Editor: Lessons of World War I for Today

Boyle, Francis A fboyle at illinois.edu
Wed Apr 26 14:23:58 UTC 2017

Right now I am seriously worried that Trump is going to launch a criminal and catastrophic war against North Korea that would violate the United Nations Charter, the War Powers Clause of the United States Constitution, Congress's own  War Powers Resolution of 1973 and constitute a Nuremberg Crime Against Peace in accordance with the terms of the Nuremberg Charter (1945), the Nuremberg Judgment (1946), the Nuremberg Principles (1950), and US Army Field Manual 27-10 (1956).. The Nuremberg Tribunal categorically rejected the Doctrine of Preventive Warfare when the lawyers for the Major  Nazi Leaders tried to  use it to justify their  Nazi invasion of Norway. For Trump to start  a war against North Korea would be a Nazi Act.

Fab

Francis A. Boyle
Law Building
504 E. Pennsylvania Ave.