[Peace-discuss] FW: NYT: Confederate/Nazi "Rights" at Duke

Boyle, Francis A fboyle at illinois.edu
Sat Aug 19 16:51:28 UTC 2017

Francis A. Boyle
Law Building
504 E. Pennsylvania Ave.
Champaign IL 61820 USA
217-333-7954 (phone)
217-244-1478 (fax)
(personal comments only)

From: Boyle, Francis A
Sent: Saturday, August 19, 2017 11:49 AM
To: sectns.aals at lists.aals.org
Subject: NYT: Confederate/Nazi "Rights" at Duke

For Robin Kirk, a co-director of Duke University's Human Rights Center {sic!}, the rapid expunging  of the {Confederate} statues currently underway needs to be "slower and more deliberative."
Oh sure, the Confederate  War of Rebellion against the United States of America in order   to  preserve slavery only ended in 1865. We need to deliberate about these matters for another 152 years or so. What's the difference between the Confederate Flag and the Nazi Swastika? About six decades. But what  else do you expect from a "university" founded upon tobacco  that pollutes, poisons and murders our Children in the Confederate State of North Carolina where the Slaves were forced to harvest   the tobacco.
fab

Fab
Board of Directors, Amnesty International USA (1988-92)

Francis A. Boyle
Law Building
504 E. Pennsylvania Ave.
Champaign IL 61820 USA