[Peace-discuss] Worthwhile discussion between Paul Jay & Max Blumenthal with much more than just a firing.

David Green davegreen84 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 20 16:19:29 UTC 2017

If we have alliances with (capitalist) Democrats and Republicans on the basis of some common goals, no reason not to have alliances with others. Progressives who reject such alliances end up supporting the status quo, probably not by accident.
One might argue, with some credibility, that the "left" is in danger of used by the "right," that is, to become a party to intra-capitalist factions regarding trade, etc., among the various sectors--manufacturing, resource extraction, FIRE (finance insurance real estate); pertaining especially to issues of "free trade."
Blumenthal and Jay debate the ins and outs of Bannon's opposition to war with Korea vs. his aggressiveness regarding the Middle East, Blumenthal remarking on the complicated relationships between Trump, Adelson, extreme Zionists, etc. But these are debates that accept the premise of American empire, whereas Paul/Buchanan do not, I don't think.