[Peace-discuss] Trump the Peace President?

Carl G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Thu Jan 26 17:57:52 UTC 2017

I think that it would be worthwhile to organize against the vicious war policy followed by the last administration - which the neocons/'deep state'/Democrats are working desperately to foist upon the new administration.

(See e.g. "Rep. Keith Ellison, the Personification of the Phony, Pro-War 'Progressive’” <http://www.blackagendareport.com/content/rep-keith-ellison-personification-phony-pro-war-%E2%80%9Cprogressive%E2%80%9D <http://www.blackagendareport.com/content/rep-keith-ellison-personification-phony-pro-war-%E2%80%9Cprogressive%E2%80%9D>>.)

We should demand that President Trump
~ (1) establish a foreign policy based on diplomacy, international law, human rights, and respect for the sovereignty of other nations;
~ (2) end the wars (in the Mideast and elsewhere) and stop the drone attacks (with which Obama killed thousands of people);
~ (3) cut military spending by at least 50% and close the more than 700 foreign military bases (neither Russia nor China has more than twelve); bring US troops (and weapons) home; and withdraw US ‘special forces’ (death squads), whom the Obama administration sent into 70% of the world’s countries;
~ (4) stop US support of human rights abusers, notably Israel and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia; and
~ (5) lead on global nuclear disarmament.

—CGE