[Peace-discuss] Articles of interest

Carl G. Estabrook cgestabrook at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 02:31:33 UTC 2017

On Mort’s question, "I’m not sure what Johnstone wants to promote, and is it all to be condemned?”:
she wants to promote inter alia condign contempt for 'Russiagate,’ and her fulminations are by no means all to be condemned.

Russiagate as it grows approaches the significance of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion - or at least the Zimmerman telegram...
Laying bare that fable is worthwhile work, and Johnstone is to be congratulated for it.

Astonishingly, CounterPunch editor Joshua Frank, who’s written well on David Cobb (Cobb was a major reason I left the Green party over a decade ago), writes

"So why is Cobb, and many others, so ga-ga over Johnstone? Could it be that she echoes Kremlin talking points [sic] and bogus conspiracies every chance she gets, exciting leftists looking for easy answers to today’s complex problems? Ding Ding. Of course, there’s much, much more. Despite the overwhelming evidence [?] that DNC staffer Seth Rich wasn’t murdered for releasing emails, Johnstone has stood her conspiratorial ground. She’s also written for 9/11 Truth sites, so one can assume she is at the very least sympathetic to their fruitless cause. That’s about all I can take of this self-proclaimed 'rouge journalist'. She’s not worth the energy…” (But he manages two more paragraphs, two reprints, a ‘bullshit’ and one more ‘fucking’…)

So why are soi-disant leftists acting like the Kilkenny cats? You won’t be surprised to hear that I think it's the familiar spirit  (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Familiar_spirit) of contemporary US liberalism, identity politics. The neuralgic question is what counts as ‘left’ - class politics or ‘intersectioanlity’?

—CGE