[Peace-discuss] [Peace] Why Trump must go: he threatens not to continue US war provocations v. Russia and China

Carl G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Mon Jul 17 03:11:59 UTC 2017

I followed the fashion for China rather than Russia, in those days of John K. Fairbanks' & Edwin O.  Reischauer's interpreting China and Japan, respectively.
Even more impressive was Benjamin I. Schwarz, author of "Chinese Communism and the Rise of Mao” (1951); I wanted to do a China field but hadn’t learnt the language…
(But all serious American men used middle initials in the 1950s - probably where we got the habit.)

Machiavelli was a poet and a playwright, as well as an historian, and worked in the commedia dell'arte tradition that influenced Shakespeare.
Deception, misrepresentation, and false identities were part of his art - and employed, some think, in The Prince.

—CGE

« Je sais la poésie indispensable. Mais je ne sais pas à quoi… »
—Jean Cocteau