[Peace-discuss] Let's draft Carl to primary Rodney

Karen Aram karenaram at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 21 15:13:31 UTC 2017

Bob

 I would never support a candidate like Rob Ryerse, for obvious reasons.

The platform of:  “Medicare for All,” “End Mass Incarceration,” and “Stop Fighting Reckless Wars.” as you suggest, is already the platform of the Green Party, so why start a new Party?

Oh, yes thats right. To water down dissent and create the illusion that elections are the only way to achieve progress, putting everything on hold for four years.

I have an idea for how we could do this.

There's an organization called "Brand New Congress" that was started by former Bernie Sanders staffers. They're supporting Republicans as well as Democrats.

https://brandnewcongress.org/

The idea is that they're recruiting candidates across the country to run on a common platform, and they're providing national resources, including staff, to help the candidates.

Here is the platform:

https://brandnewcongress.org/platform

Note that the platform includes "Medicare for All," "End Mass Incarceration," and "Stop Fighting Reckless Wars."

Here's an example of a Republican that they are supporting:

https://brandnewcongress.org/robb-ryerse

https://brandnewcongress.org/Candidates/Robb-Ryerse

Here's the form for nominating candidates:

https://brandnewcongress.org/Nominate

So: right now, this idea costs nothing to pursue. It just requires filling out a form.

So, I propose: anyone who likes this idea, help gather all the information we need to fill out the form and share it here. Then, let's fill out the nomination form. Costs us nothing.