[Peace-discuss] Who do we BLAME? Part 666.

Carl G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Wed Mar 22 22:11:22 UTC 2017

Come on, Ron. No one pretends that all the US government-produced corpses, adults and children, of the last eight years are Obama’s fault alone.

But no one can pretend that he bears no responsibility - not even himself: in a book on the 2012 presidential campaign, he's quoted as saying, "Turns out I'm really good at killing people. Didn't know that was gonna be a strong suit of mine." However ironically he meant it, the quote was not denied; it was quite true.  He was even able to joke about his drone killings at a White House correspondents’ dinner.

Unfortunately, there’s little indication that Trump is going to be much different, even if he carries through on his criticisms of Obama’s (and Clinton’s) war policies.

Chomsky pointed out long ago that if the principles on which we condemned German officials at Nuremberg were applied here, all post-war presidents would have been hanged.

—CGE