[Peace-discuss] US Academics: "Racists and Hypocrites When it Comes to Palestinians"

Carl G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Sun May 7 13:53:03 UTC 2017

People in our Congressional district [IL-13] should keep incidents like this in mind if they’re tempted to support Democrat Carol Ammons for Congress.

Carol by her own admission acquiesced to the lobbying of the Israeli consul in Chicago in relation to Senate Bill 1761 (support for Israeli apartheid - now the law in Illinois):

<http://newsfromneptune.com/2015/07/14/memo-to-prairiegreens-local-democrat-legislators/>.

We need a candidate for Congress who calls for

~ no war: bring US troops and (weapons) home
~ no climate catastrophe: suppress carbon emissions
~ no immiseration: a universal basic income
~ no untreated illness: Medicare for all

Unfortunately, Carol supports none of those positions.

—CGE