[Peace-discuss] Cornel West--The Real Deal!

C G Estabrook cgestabrook at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 23:14:33 UTC 2017

[Wikipedia] Cornel West publicly supported 2008 Democratic presidential candidate Senator Barack Obama. He spoke to over 1,000 of his supporters at the Apollo Theater in Harlem, on November 29, 2007.[80]

West, however, criticized President Obama when Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize in 2009, saying that it would be difficult for Obama to be "a war president with a peace prize". West further retracted his support for Obama in an April 2011 interview, stating that Obama is "a black mascot of Wall Street oligarchs and a black muppet of corporate plutocrats. And now he has become head of the American killing machine and is proud of it."[81][82][83] In November 2012, West said in an interview that he considered Obama a "Rockefeller Republican in blackface."[84][85]