[Peace-discuss] World War III

stuartnlevy stuartnlevy at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 04:47:37 UTC 2017

Thank you, Mort.
Carl, with these two postings it just looks like you are working to game the system.  Really, are either of them calls to action?
Earlier this week I passed along a Code Pink call to action which feels much more like one: to lobby our US Senators to publicly oppose a bill which would break the Iran nuclear deal and reimpose sanctions.
Earlier today I read two other calls to action from two other environmental groups.   Those messages are not urging people to believe or disbelieve something, nor trying to start a discussion or an argument.  Rather they are asking people to get out and do particular things which will advance their causes.
I think it is worth talking about the role of the antifa, even though I think focusing on it is a distraction from anything we're doing to oppose war, to argue over the tactics of a group we aren't even a part of.    I also think it's worth talking about Phyllis Bennis' comments on the value for the peace movement of recognizing linkages between our goals and other groups', and working together with them.
But those aren't discussions that belong on the Peace list.
 -- Stuart
-------- Original message --------From: "Brussel, Morton K via Peace-discuss" <peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net> Date: 10/18/17  20:40  (GMT-06:00) To: C G Estabrook <cgestabrook at gmail.com> Cc: Peace-discuss List <Peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net> Subject: Re: [Peace-discuss] World War III

In my mind this is unfairly provocative. Stuart has been doing a conscientious and good job monitoring the Peace list, and explaining his criteria.

Mort