[Peace-discuss] FW: SNYT:GENOCIDER Madeleine Albright/ Legal Protection Of Children In Armed Conflict: The Iraqi Children Genocide By Francis A. Boyle

Boyle, Francis A fboyle at illinois.edu
Sun Apr 8 15:04:38 UTC 2018

Francis A. Boyle
Law Building
504 E. Pennsylvania Ave.
Champaign IL 61820 USA
217-333-7954 (phone)
217-244-1478 (fax)
(personal comments only)

From: Boyle, Francis A
Sent: Sunday, April 08, 2018 10:04 AM
To: sectns.aals at lists.aals.org
Subject: SNYT:GENOCIDER Madeleine Albright/ Legal Protection Of Children In Armed Conflict: The Iraqi Children Genocide By Francis A. Boyle

Despite my best professional efforts working on behalf of my Clients pro bono publico, the grossly hypocritical United Nations Organization adamantly refused to act to terminate these genocidal sanctions and thus to save the dying children of Iraq. In 1995 the United Nations' own Food and Agricultural Organization (FAO) Report estimated that these genocidal economic sanctions against Iraq had by then killed about 560,000 Iraqi children since when they were first imposed in 1990.[2] In specific regard to these murdered Iraqi children, then U.S. Secretary of State Madeline Albright, was interviewed on the CBS Television Network on 12 May 1996 by correspondent Leslie Stahl. The transcript of this interview provided by CBS News itself reads as follows:
Stahl: (Voiceover) If the Iraqi people place any blame on Saddam Hussein, they're afraid to say so. And there is no longer much hope that the sanctions will inspire the people to rise up and topple the government. Now people are just trying to get by because one of the side effects of the sanctions has been inflation, which has jumped as high as 3,000 percent. To make ends meet, Iraqis are selling everything they can. Flea markets have sprung up on the streets, where families can sell their furniture, clothes, anything they can to make a few extra dinars. Most Iraqis are suffering

We have heard that a half a million children have died. I mean, that's more children than died when-wh-in-in Hiroshima. And-and, you know, is the price worth it?
Ambassador Albright: I think this is a very hard choice, but the price - we think the price is worth it.
This shocking and revolting statement made by the U.S. Secretary of State provided proof positive of the genocidal intent by the United States Government against Iraq and its children and its people as defined by and in violation of Genocide Convention Article II: "In the present Convention, genocide means any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial, or religious group, as such. . . ." Certainly a half-million dead Iraqi children that the U.S. Secretary of State specifically intended to destroy as such, and did indeed destroy as such, constituted a very important "part" of the Iraqi people. These half-million dead children were the very future of the people and state of Iraq.
This Albright statement is what criminal lawyers call a classic "Admission Against Interest." This Statement by the then sitting U.S. Secretary of State, acting within the scope of her official duties and speaking in the name of the United States government, could be taken to the International Court of Justice in The Hague and filed to prove that the United States of America possessed the required mens rea (criminal intent) necessary to commit the international crime of genocide. Under both international law and U.S. domestic law, to be guilty of a crime a person or a state must possess the requisite mens rea at the same time that he or she or it commits the criminal act (actus reus).

Francis A. Boyle
Law Building
504 E. Pennsylvania Ave.
Champaign IL 61820 USA