[Peace-discuss] Korea & liberal War Party

Karen Aram karenaram at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 29 15:59:42 UTC 2018

I’m unable to access the articles below, however my opinion is:  giving too much credit to Trump for this turn of events, is ridiculous.

The anti-war movement in S. Korea, with the election of a President who is not in the back pocket of the US, has more to do with “peace breaking out” than anything else. One should not undermine the abilities of Asians to manage their own affairs without US influence or intervention. The assumption that everything they do is due to “US influence or intervention” is patronizing.

 Most obvious is the NYT’s as well as other US media, insistence on a “wedge between Lil Kim, of N.Korea and Xi Jinping of China,” denying the dependence of N. Korea on China for imports, business investments, and security if nothing else.

Geopolitics has much more to do with a peace resolution in the region than anything Trump or any other US President says or does. China works behind the scenes to accomplish its goals, unlike the US using a bullhorn at every turn. The only congratulations due to Trump is his ability to play the “crazy” card, and scare everyone into joining hands against the US maniac’s.

I suggest this turn of events would have happened no matter what. What now needs to be watched carefully is the US reaction and what is to come, given this 2nd., failure, of the “pivot to Asia,” the first being the Filipino President ignoring the ICC ruling on the “island contentions” with China, another case of Asians ignoring US provocations to war.