[Peace-discuss] See Ya, John (McCain) by Peter Van Buren

ewj at pigs.ag ewj at pigs.ag
Mon Aug 27 11:48:42 UTC 2018

I really disliked McCain.

He did tell a truly funny joke about Chelsea Clinton and seemed to get away with it
but I can't say that I ever liked McCain.

I dont have the opinion that being a warmongering hotdog
and wrecking a few jets makes one a hero.  I didn't like the
way he voted and never considered him to be a Republican
in any real sense.  He could have fit right in with
Bill and Hillary as far I was concerned.  He was pro-war
not pro-defense and he was just plain mean and contemptible.
A lot of people wanted a mean and contemptible president in 2008.
They shouldn't have been disappointed much.  Although not as
overtly mean Obama was certainly contemptible and if
not really mean, at least dastardly.

I did consider walking over and doing a Who's Next on McCains parachutists monument
when I was last in Hanoi but I considered it too much trouble even though it was a only a
short walk away and I had a nearly full bladder.

I met some people from Alaska once who said they liked
Sarah Palin but I never met anyone who said they liked John McCain.