[Peace-discuss] Advice requested

kmedina67 kmedina67 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 20:14:30 UTC 2018

I agree with Mort.I choose based on what others are not likely to give to. For instance, this year, i gave as much as i could to Latino Partnership of Champaign County -- local group with Latino leadership that are on the ground and know which people in this very community are being affected by the president calling Latin Americans "gang members,"  "animals," and "terrorists."
There are a lot of un- accompanied minors from Guatemala's indigenous communities here in the county right now.  I don't know how to support them. Three Spinners for refugees.
I would prefer to pay more taxes... if only our state legislators would fund things like state universities! access to mental health care, public education,.... but they keep cutting funding even to PBS! And scientific research...

- Karen Medina"The really great make you feel that you, too, can become great" - Mark Twain

null