[Peace-discuss] [Peace] AWARE on the Air 2/13/18

C G Estabrook cgestabrook at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 14:20:08 UTC 2018

For a serious discussion of US policy toward the DPRK, I read the following on AWARE on the Air:

<https://www.counterpunch.org/2018/02/06/if-theres-a-war-in-korea-blame-trump/>.

"Brainwashed Americans believe that Kim Jong-un is responsible for the confrontation between Pyongyang and Washington, but nothing could be further from the truth. The real problem is not Kim’s nuclear weapons but Washington’s 65 year-long military occupation that continues to reinforce a political solution that was arbitrarily imposed on a sovereign nation in order to split the country in two, install a puppet regime in the south, establish a permanent military presence to defend US commercial interests, and maintain control of a strategically-located territory that is a critical part of Washington’s plan to encircle Russia and China to remain the dominant global power throughout the century…"

—CGE