[Peace-discuss] News from Neptune on UPTV 2/16/18

C G Estabrook cgestabrook at gmail.com
Sat Feb 17 01:23:44 UTC 2018

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuiXHsQ91Uw>

Good evening, & welcome to News from Neptune for the 7th week of 2018 {February 16}. I’m Carl Estabrook.

Since 1990, this program has been a weekly hour of spontaneous & unrehearsed discussion of the news of the week and its coverage by the media
 - first, on a so-called community radio station - and now via Urbana Public TV, YouTube, & <archive.org>. [Program #369 on UPTV]

Our program’s name, 'News from Neptune,' comes from Noam Chomsky, who’s been writing sensible things about U.S. politics for half a century.

Chomsky says that in the U.S. media, “Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it’s from Neptune.”

Tonight David Green and I will try to say some true things on what is inevitably a GUN CONTROL edition

~ with thanks to Doctor Know, J. B. Nicholson, for research. KNOW’S NOTES will be posted on the program’s Facebook page.

We try to bear in mind the murdered Rosa Luxemburg’s remark, from a century ago, “The most revolutionary thing one can do is always to proclaim loudly what is happening.”

###