[Peace-discuss] Two important links

Karen Aram karenaram at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 4 15:26:44 UTC 2018

Carl

I don’t disagree. Cohn’s use of a couple “words” that put a negative slant on things, does give me pause in relation to being overly positive in relation to him, but that being said, I didn’t hear anything that caused concern. Perhaps its what I didn’t hear, but his focus was on "social economics.”

I am usually overly positive in relation to China myself, given the negativity of most US “experts” and the fear being promoted by mainstream media, which I see as the US goals of “hegemony and imperialism.” However, if one simply looks at the future of China, from either a Chinese or a Marxist perspective, there is cause for concern, though certainly not in the near future.

Again, they’re not imperialistic, and their build up of their military is defensive in the face of US provocations with the Obama Administration’s “pivot to Asia,” US military bases and occupation of the South China Sea, not to mention our provocations and actions around the world in respect to regime change of those leaders that are not disposed to the US, and now Trumps threats of “tariff wars”.

Then there is the BRI which the US is planning to “disrupt?” with our usual interventions and militarism,