[Peace-discuss] Postponed means no-platformed

C G Estabrook cgestabrook at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 22:51:52 UTC 2019

As Bob well knows, the Bill of Rights (including the 1st Amendment) was designed to bind only the federal government.

There is no general right to freedom of speech in the US. And as A. J. Liebling pointed out long ago, "Freedom of the press is guaranteed only to those who own one.”

For the consideration of a society where such a general right might exist, see Ursula K. Le Guin’s classic novel, "The Dispossessed: An Ambiguous Utopia” (1974).

It’s science fiction of course.