[Peace-discuss] [Peace] Robert Reich’s letter to ‘MoveOn’ CORRECTED

Brussel, Morton K brussel at illinois.edu
Thu Nov 28 03:39:07 UTC 2019

My 2 bits reaction to all this:
 I’m mostly concerned about Trump on the issues of nuclear war, climate change and the environment.

Some say that at least Trump desires agreement with Russia, but on the nuclear issue his policies have been dangerous. He continues the cold war policies of Obama, with trillion dollar upgrades to nuclear weaponry and by withdrawing from past nuclear weapons treaties. (What does he have in mind?) Moreover, incitement of proxy elements with their provocations near the borders of Russia and around the middle east can lead to unpredictable, if unintentional(?), fatal mistakes.
Stephen Cohen has discussed all this [e.g., https://piirs.princeton.edu/news/historian-stephen-cohen-discusses-war-russia].

On climate change and environmental issues, his policies could hardly have been more destructive, and will be hard to remedy.

 It is important to get rid of him and his cohort on these existential issues alone.

Yet, perhaps all this is futile argument; Trump is unlikely to be removed from office, except possibly in the 2020 election.

 Obviously, there are many other reasons to get rid of Trump, the most fatuoius being  the "quid pro quo” Ukraine/Biden affair.