[Peace-discuss] [Peace] a better solution for excess geese

John W. jbw292002 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 08:28:17 UTC 2020

I'll just mention, since the protests regarding the geese in Crystal Lake
Park are still ongoing, that I was driving yesterday in extreme north
Champaign, on that road that runs just north of the Aldi and the Wal Mart
out there, and then turns right onto Neil St. north of the mall.  There are
quite a number of condos or apartments out there, and one at the juncture
of that road and Neil St. had a large retention pond.  The banks
around that pond were planted with all sorts of wild-looking vegetation,
not at all manicured down to the water's edge.  And yet there were the
geese, quite a number of them, sauntering across the road toward the
pond..  So maybe that bank vegetation does not work to dissuade the geese
from living there.

Folks,