[Peace-discuss] [Peace] a better solution for excess geese

Debra Schrishuhn deb.pdamerica at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 09:55:15 UTC 2020

I believe the type of vegetation, not just the height, makes the
difference, as does the degree of sope to the water's edge. A sharp
drop-off with brambles is less attractive, for example, than a gentle slope
, even planted with tall grasses.

As an aside, the new Crystal Lake landscaping replaces a good deal of the
drop-off/bramble shoreline with evenly graded surfaces, resulting in geese
nesting in places where they had not done so in previous years. Go figure.