[Peace-discuss] Eremitism

C. G. Estabrook carl at newsfromneptune.com
Fri Mar 13 00:49:51 UTC 2020

Friends,

Belonging to the category of those over 70 with questionable lungs, I’m taking up the life of a hermit for the near term.

I’m staying home and visiting online. My wife is well & willing to run necessary errands, although I’m urging her to adopt a version of my regimen.

I’m a bit embarrassed at the anti-social elements of my nature that mean I’m not suffering too much.

My ghostly father once dedicated a (very good) book to “Most of them in McDaid’s” (a Dublin bar): I feel that way about you.

—CGE

"Hence will I to my ghostly father's cell,
His help to crave, and my dear hap to tell.” —Romeo