[Peace-discuss] TOTALLY done with Tulsi

J.B. Nicholson jbn at forestfield.org
Sat Mar 21 07:20:15 UTC 2020

Helen Buyniski in https://on.rt.com/ad3j wrote:
> At the same time, Gabbard's erstwhile supporters feel betrayed, and justifiably
> so. A candidate who built her campaign on opposition to the business-as-usual
> Democratic policies of cloaking foreign military intervention in humanitarian
> jargon, Gabbard instead called for taking the trillions spent on the slaughter and
> plunder of hopelessly-outmatched Middle Eastern nations and using that money to
> rebuild the crumbling American homeland. It was a message that resonated across
> the partisan divide, even attracting some disillusioned 2016 Trump supporters who
> had voted for the president based on his promise to end the endless wars in Syria
> and Afghanistan, then watched in horror as he stepped up the bombing and tried to
> open another front in Iran.
>
> For the young Hawaiian to throw her support behind Biden – a man with nearly a
> 50-year track record of supporting Wall Street, the military-industrial complex,
> Big Pharma and the rest of the ruling establishment “because he has a good heart”
> is spitting in the face of the hundreds of thousands of supporters who have
> contributed to her campaign, made phone calls on her behalf, packed town halls,
> and otherwise poured their precious time and money into supporting a long-shot
> candidate.
>
>     So Tulsi Gabbard endorses Biden? I have lost all respect for her.P.S. Don't
> drop out Bernie.#NeverBiden
>     — Margaret Kimberley (@freedomrideblog) March 19, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnwtrKJVZGs is Primo Nutmeg's "Response to Tulsi
Gabbard endorsing Joe Biden". If you're feeling chilly tonight, or perhaps
disappointed in Rep. Gabbard for the reason Buyniski laid out above, enjoy the end of
that video.

Relatedly, but not discussing Tulsi Gabbard specifically, Jimmy Dore in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSRQwNSyn7w around 5m01s said:

> Jimmy Dore: So this is what the Democratic Party is -- this is the Democratic
> Party [pointing to a tweet about how a US pharmaceutical company "increased the
> price of chloroquine -- an antimalarial, which is one of the drugs that is being
> tested against Covid-19 -- on Jan. 23. The drug price rose 98% to $7.66 per 250mg
> pill and $19.88 per 500mg pill."]: 'There's a crisis? How can we make some money
> for the banks? Low-interest loans. Oh, how can we make some money for the Big
> Pharma? The vaccine's gotta be affordable! Remember when Nancy Pelosi said that?
> That's her big idea! And now she wants to means-test the UBI. There's no reason to
> ever vote for a Democrat. Ever again. And I wonder if I will.
That drug price was later lowered after the price hike received a highly critical
reaction.

What connects these two stories? Whether the theme is Primo Nutmeg's response to
Tulsi Gabbard endorsing Joe Biden, or Jimmy Dore's reaction to the Democratic Party:

I heard somebody say
Burn baby burn, disco inferno
Burn baby burn, burn the mother down
(Burn it!)