[Peace-discuss] [Peace] to keep a balance, Urb Park proposes to kill 60-100 Crystal lake geese-- read & take survey

John W. jbw292002 at gmail.com
Mon May 11 20:14:01 UTC 2020

On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 2:57 PM Robert Naiman <naiman.uiuc at gmail.com> wrote:

Another idea: my understanding is that some dogs have been trained to chase
> away geese. So, instead of killing the excess geese, some of the geese
> could just be encouraged to move along.

That's one of the things the park district has tried.  From the report:

*A coyote decoy, which must be moved frequently, is one of the management
strategies the park district employed early on. More recently, a licensed
and trained dog hazing service has helped limit goose impacts in portions
of the park.*