[Peace-discuss] Chris Hedges is not running to become NJ's newest Congressman

J.B. Nicholson jbn at forestfield.org
Thu May 28 22:26:19 UTC 2020

I wrote:
> Chris Hedges doesn't have any posting about it on his Twitter page --
> https://twitter.com/chrislynnhedges -- the most recent post there is dated 2020-05-23
> on his KPFA interview about the collapse of American capitalism.

Update:

 From https://twitter.com/ChrisLynnHedges/status/1266074146984902661
> I was informed today according to FCC rules I can't run for federal office & and
> have a national TV show. Therefore, I won't run for the seat in the 12th District
> of NJ. I entered the race to bring up issues I care about, but this is not worth
> losing an important media platform.
This might help explain why Jesse Ventura isn't running for POTUS either (he was
rumored to be a Green Party candidate). How is such a restriction (one "can't
[simultaneously] run for federal office & and have a national TV show") constitutional?

> Jimmy Dore also covered this on his show tonight, so I expect that there will be an
> archived copy of his video coming out soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG99yoK47YU is that video.

-J