[Peace] Tomorrow-Ladies and Laddies Against War!

parenti susan rose sparenti at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Wed Dec 5 17:45:41 CST 2001

Tomorrow, Thursday we'll once again go to Prospect Avenue on the overpass,
where the exit from I-74 meets Prospect, to hold up banners and meet our
neighbors. 12 noon to 1pm.

Paul Wood of the News Gazette(you know, the paper whose editor said,
"Protest is not news") has promised to come by and talk to people. We'll
see.

If you need a ride from Urbana, meet at the School for Designing a Society
at 11:45 am. If you can go there directly, park around the Chinese
restaurant on Marketview.

We have banners, but you can make your own. Our idea is to consider these
banners an 'alternative newspaper'---news the media is actively and
DELIBERATELY preventing our neighbors from seeing. No wonder they think as
they do. Some ideas:
HAS BOMBING MADE YOU FEEL SAFE??
IS THERE ANY OTHER WAY
LOSS OF CIVIL RIGHTS WONT GAIN SECURITY