[Peace] MEETING TONIGHT--FOCUS ON STARVATION

parenti susan rose sparenti at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Mon Nov 5 09:35:19 CST 2001

At 6pm Monday at the IMC on Main street, a group of us will meet in order
to address the pending death by starvation of millions of Afghanis this month
whose food relief was halted by the bombing. This meeting is part of AWARE
'mass mobilization' group, but needs everyone who has time/energy--street
performance, publicity, speakers bureau, art and revolution, lad(d)ies
against war, PRC, SPA, and....er....just
                        you

                    (yup, that word is looking at you
                            while you look at it)

While the media hides this preventable disaster in the back pages, we
think this could be commonground with most of our neighbors, even those
adamantly FOR the bombing--even the Resident, Mr. Bush, has pointed out
that the AFghani people are not our enemy.