[Peace] interested in a debate?

Predrag Tosic p-tosic at cs.uiuc.edu
Mon Nov 5 17:08:56 CST 2001

   Well, "politically Libertarian" folks are usually *NOT*pro-war, unlike
much of mainstream Republicans and especially the war-mongering "Neo-con"
crowds. (For example, my favourite anti-war website, antiwar.com, is run
by the  Libertarian/Conservative kind of folks).

  Likewise, "politically Liberal", contrary to this dude's suggestion, are
typically very much pro-war, especially when the Liberal US Presidents
wage those wars (some 60-70% of wars since WWII, btw), but also pro-war in
general (incl. PRO-THIS PARTICULAR WAR). For some reason, many people tend
to conuse Progressives (usually anti-war, and anti-Imperialist) with
Liberal (usually very pro-war and very pro-Imperialism), and I really feel
this major ideological (and practical) confusion needs to be clarified.

  I'd be glad to forward this suggestion to the U-C Libertarian email
list, and see if they're interested in delegating anyone to participate in
this debate (if there is going to be one, of course).

  Regards,

  Predrag