[Peace] international peace actions

Danielle Chynoweth chyn at onthejob.net
Mon Nov 5 17:19:14 CST 2001

At Sunday's meeting we dicussed coordinating our mass action with national
and international actions.

Here are some dates coming up with which we could synchronize our actions:

Nov. 10 & 11, Worldwide
International Days of Remembrance, Active Resistance to the Roots of War
(ARROW), a London-based nonviolent direct action group, is calling for
teach-ins/public meetings on Nov. 10, and anti-war vigils to oppose the
war against Afghanistan and 3 minutes of silence on Nov. 11 at 8:45 am
(ET) to remember the victims of Sept. 11; rubytoogood at hotmail.com,
www.justicenotvengeance.org

Dec. 7, Nationwide
A call for events to memorialize Pearl Harbor Day by highlighting and
redefining the meaning of security.

Jan. 1 - 21, NYC to DC
Walk from Manhattan to the Pentagon against war and racism, and for
justice, peace, and nonviolence; contact Rebecca Johnson at
Becky at riseup.net

Nov. 7, Nationwide
A call for events emphasizing ³Defense of Civil Liberties,² following the
U.S. elections.

For those interested, here are some links to other organizing efforts:

http://pax.protest.net/
A global calendar of pro-peace and anti-racism protests, meetings, benefits, and conferences.

http://www.indymedia.org/peace/
This feature page provides selected coverage of September 11, 2001,
including relevant background, analysis, commentary and discussion.

http://www.tofuequalslove.com/disorientation/
Bloomington Indiana Peace Action Coalition

http://www.warresisters.org/demos.htm#actions
Upcoming Actions with Specific Dates - listed by the War Resisters League