[Peace] Channel 7 Filming Lad(d)ies Tomorrow

parenti susan rose sparenti at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Mon Nov 5 18:51:16 CST 2001

Today 10 of us were out by the Urbana Library, with banners focussing on
the pending death by starvation of (possibly) millions of Afghans. A
person from channel 7(?) came by, and said they'd like to film the protest
tomorrow, Tuesday.

If you have time to join this protest tomorrow, we'd appreciate it. We're
at Race and Elm, across from the Urbana Library. We have banners and
signs, and you can bring your own. It might be a good idea to add signs
about the loss of civil liberties, about Fast Trak, about racism, in
addition to our NO WAR and HALT THE BOMBING TO BRING FOOD TO AFGHANS.

A good sign to make(about civil liberties) is:
  REDUCING CIVIL LIBERTIES DOES NOT INCREASE OUR SECURITY
or something to that effect.

November 6th 2000 was when our friend Herbert Brun died, in body. He would
have been alert, afraid, and very vocal during these past months, had he
been around. So let us be.

susan.