[Peace] AWARE materials for churches

Jim Buell jbuell at uiuc.edu
Sat Oct 13 17:18:07 CDT 2001

I've prepared some photocopied materials to introduce AWARE to people
around the community. I'd especially like to make them available to anyone
attending a church service tomorrow morning. Leftovers can be given out at
the meeting at the Y tomorrow night, for possible distribution to coffee
shops, libraries, quad tables, etc. during the week.

I'm breaking the materials in to 10 packets - each has:

* 5 copies each of six different news articles reprinted off
commondreams.org; each page has AWARE contact info
* a dozen or so 1/8-page sized bookmarks, printed on thick card stock
* several pin-back buttons with flag logos and assorted pro-peace slogans
(coz too many people think patriots are missiles these days)
* a dozen or so copies of a 1/2-page listing of local peace-related events
for the rest of this month (off the AWARE website)

Anyone who'd like a packet can contact me by phone this afternoon at
337-5386. I live in Urbana.

The basic AWARE blurb on all these (except the buttons) reads as follows:

>We are AWARE (Anti-War, Anti-Racism Effort)
>AWARE:
>· is a broad-based alliance working locally to promote non-violent
>alternatives to global catastrophe
>· brings together secular and religious groups and individuals to advocate
>for peace and justice
>· meets each Sunday from 6 to 8 p.m. at the University YMCA, Wright and
>Chalmers Sts., Champaign
>· needs your energy and ideas!
>Become AWARE
>http://www.cyberspace.org/~aware/