[Peace] Please rethink Mobilization Meeting Time

Mark Enslin enslin at prairienet.org
Mon Oct 15 15:15:24 CDT 2001

On Mon, 15 Oct 2001, Barbara Dyskant wrote:

> Is there a way that we can please, please reschedule?  It's  not a question
> of whether I personally can go, but more about whether a whole "genre" or
> people finds it accessible.  I know the IMC is the desired spot, and yet I
> think we need to look at a cafe, or other venue, or even my house (which is
> out of the way but I would make it available), rather than cut off
> attendance possibilities..
>
> I feel this mistake was made because of the hurried circumstances of
> setting the next meeting, and I totally respect everyone's dedication to
> the importance of getting the teach-in and action planned and moving.
> However, I think we need to step back and think about whether that time is
> reasonable, as we need to have input from enought members to make the event
> the best it can possibly be.
>
>                                                       With peace and caring,
>                                                       Barbara Dyskant
>
> (Also read and agree to by Clint Popetz and Barry Miller)
>
> P.S.  May I suggest an earlier time on Tuesday?   I agree we need to meet
> soon.

The 10pm time was one that all of the 6 or 7 mass mobilization people who
were still at the meeting at the end could attend; many complained about
the lateness of it.  Probably the next earlier time without schedule
conflicts would be 8 or 9 in the morning; I'm willing to meet then. Or,
suggest a parent-friendly time, have that be the comprimise time--I'm
willing to agree to that even if I can't make it.

---thanks for speaking up,
Mark