[Peace] poems, theater, song for next AWARE meeting?

parenti susan rose sparenti at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Mon Oct 22 08:57:23 CDT 2001

Would anyone like to perform something that makes a connection to our
political situation(s), at the next AWARE meeting?  So far we've had
a puppet show, clowning, newspoetry, and radical cheerleading...

We (from the organizers group--meets every wed at 5:30 in Wall-less lounge
at Allen Hall--you're invited to be part) are looking for brief things, 2
per meeting, that will inspire/seduce/inform/amuse/challenge the assembled
AWARE group. Something made-up--where both the message, and the fact
of it being made-up, inspire us.

Jose Lopez said, "Repressive power is never creative. Violence is its
message, and its medium.  Those of us, who are in resistance,
have creativity on our side."