[Peace] processional on saturday

Brian Hagy bhagy at onthejob.net
Wed Oct 24 16:41:03 CDT 2001

To end the street theater event this saturday, we invite you to
participate in a death march processional, mourning the death of all
people who have died from injustice.  To be clear, this is a "mass
mobilization" action zap, not a street theater performance (though the two
kinda overlap).  so, you don't need to be a performer to march; you need
to be at least a mourner.

The processional will begin at 11 AM at the Farmers' Market (to
commemorate the final Farmers' Market for the year).  We will march
through downtown urbana and perhaps some residential areas.  The march
should not be longer than an hour.

If interested in helping to make props, such as coffins, gravestones, and
so forth, show up at the IMC (in downtown urbana, next to the Office) at 7
PM on Thursday.  I'll be staffing the place, and can help build stuff
while i'm there.

Wear black, or cloaks, or whatever appropriate for mourning (and dress
warm, it's supposed to be on the chilly side on saturday).

thanks, and see ya on saturday (and thursday)