[Peace] protest and picket against the war - Oct 30

Laura Haber comradelaura at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 25 14:25:08 CDT 2001

Please Forward

  	  	PROTEST AND PICKET AGAINST THE WAR
 	Join In and Speak Out for a Just Response to Terrorism

 			Date: October 30
 			Time: 12:00 Noon
          Place: UI Alma Mater, on the SE corner of Green and Wright.

Get educated on the current situation and help educate others.  Join us
as
we picket and leaflet in the heart of campus.

 Join the Progressive Resource/Action Cooperative (PRC) in protest of
the
 growing military strikes.  Come hear speechs to educate yourself on the
 current international and domestic situations.  Then take part in a
picket
 to show the community and the government that you will not stand for
 innocent lives to be lost for a crime they did not commit.  You can
also
 take part in a leafletting campaign to spread the word to others.

 We DEMAND that the U.S. stops indiscriminate bombing!
 We DEMAND that U.S. troops leave Afghanistan!
 We DEMAND that no more innocent lives are lost!
 We DEMAND an end to racist scapegoating!
 We DEMAND no curtailment of civil liberites!

 Many -- too many -- innocent Afghan civilians have already died!  The
U.S.
 has caused the destruction of many homes and even a Red Cross facility.
 The violence will not stop until the U.S. government hears the cry for
 peace.

 Come voice your demands by picketing and protesting against the war!

 The Progressive Resource/Action Cooperative (PRC) is a multi-issue,
 multi-tactical activist organization committed to struggling for peace
 with social justice. The PRC is a program of the Illinois Disciples
 Foundation (IDF).

 For more information about the PRC, call (217) 352-8721, email
 prc at prairienet.org, or visit our website at
 http://www.prairienet.org/prc/.

----