[Peace] Support

Aimee Rickman arickman at prairienet.org
Fri Sep 21 15:00:21 CDT 2001

this week, i have heard about people and places feeling less than safe in
their decision to become known as proponents of non-retributive justice.
people who have hung signs on their houses have feared egging. the IMC has
expressed safety concerns.

i would like to be part of a visible community effort supporting our
neighbors who have chosen to take a courageous step forward to become
known as advocates for non-violence, peace, and justice.

my proposal is conservative. i propose a weekly group 'Walk of Support'
by local organizations, houses, places of worship, and businesses
that have spoken out for non-retributive responses to the attacks of
September 11 in public signage, speech, or letters.  this walk will take
place at 7pm.  i will throw out thursdays as the possible day.

the 'Walk of Support' might choose to distribute tokens of our support at
sites along our walk, or we might simply choose to allow our presence (and
perhaps duct taped messages on some of our backs, or the like) to speak to
our desire to keep safe these brave calls for justice.

please contact me if you are interested in taking part, and let's get to
work.

thanks y'all. keep it up.

aimee
arickman at prairienet.org