[Peace] Jay's question of what to do

Jennifer Shannon jen at math.uiuc.edu
Fri Aug 9 13:39:16 CDT 2002

Jay, I just read your message that came across the peace list and promptly
phoned my US senators and rep to give my comments regarding war with
Iraq.  They are:

	Dick Durbin             202 224 2152
	Peter Fitzgerald        202 224 2854
	Tim Johnson             202 225 2371

My comments were four points:
	1. Iraq is NOT a threat to the US - a war would serve no purpose.
	2. We alienate ourselves from the rest of the world if we do this -
	   no one supports this war.
	3. It costs billions of dollars, and we are already in a deficit.
	4. Most importantly, hundreds of thousands of lives will be lost,
	   both Iraqi and American.

					Jennifer

> Here is a letter forwarded to me through Quaker channels.  What response
> can we make?
>
> Jay Mittenthal
>
> Subj:
>      letter from Iraq
>
>    Date:
>      Thu, 8 Aug 2002 10:27:43 AM Eastern Daylight Time
>
>    From:
>      SEIDEL AM
[snip]