[Peace] Tomorrow, sat at 6pm, join the PROTEST!!!

parenti susan rose sparenti at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Fri Aug 9 15:09:03 CDT 2002

Tomorrow, saturday, aug 10, is the day when the Bears have thier first
football game in C-U---let's line the streets and tell the alumni that we
don't want war with IRAQ, we don't want TIPS and  Homeland Security and
the Patriot Act and Fast Track.My sense is that many many people don't
want these things, either---we need to become lightning rods, and bear the
heat.

So at 6pm, at the corners of Lincoln and Green where there are four stop
lights and opportunities to talk with stopped cars, let's bring signs and
costu&4Ymes and musical instruments and look like something unexplainable.
Something where someone will say, "What are you guys doing??"

If you want a ride, come to the School for Designing a Society at
5:30--we'll rummage through old LAW signs, and see if any are applicable.
(409 N. Race)There are some signs at the IMC, too---check them out.

Bring signs, bring cookies, bring logic and smiles and snappy comebacks.
bring your Osama costume. Questions?--call me, Susan, at 344-1439.