[Peace] Re: calls and letters

Ricky Baldwin baldwinricky at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 12 14:47:35 CDT 2002

Thanks, Doug-

I think we need to make full use of this, as well as writing to these folks
and helping new folks write/call.  It's not a substitute for teach-ins and
demos - it's follow-up.

Ricky

>From: Dlind49 at aol.com
>To: jen at math.uiuc.edu, peace at lists.groogroo.com
>Subject: Re: [Peace] Jay's question of what to do
>Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 10:32:05 EDT
>
>When you call your senator and congressman please use the free 800 number
>the U.S. Capitol switch board.
>
>It is:  877-762-8762.
>
>The capitol operator will answer then you can ask to be connected to any
>person, commission, or group in our nation's government that is located in
>Washington, D.C. Let them pay for our telephone calls.
>
>doug

“What we want … is the complete destruction of the domination and
exploitation of man by man; we want men united as brothers by a consensus
and desired solidarity, all cooperating voluntarily for the well-being of
all; we want society to be constituted for the purpose of supplying
everybody with the means for achieving the maximum well-being, the maximum
possible moral and spiritual development; we want bread, freedom, love and
science – for everybody.”  - Errico Malatesta