[Peace] Notes from 12/1/02 meeting

Carol Inskeep inskeep at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu
Fri Dec 6 08:52:50 CST 2002

This week's meeting will be facilitated by Charlotte Green.  Here's a
tentative agenda; please feel free to email me with changes/additions.
-cpi

Presentation by Jeff Sowers on work he and Jay Mitternthal have done
regarding state referendums. (15-20 minutes)

Introductions (5 minutes)

News of the Week Carl Estabrook (10 minutes)

Events of the Past Week  (10 minutes)
- Library Display
- Demonstration on Prospect
- Postcards for Peace follow-up
- DI ads demonstration
- Other

Working Group Reports (1/2 hour)
- Financial Report (Gabe or Raia)
- Tabling at Strawberry Fields (Jeff Sowers)
- Peaceful Tomorrows Speaker (Carol Inskeep)
- Racism Issues in the Middle East (David Green)
- Referendum on the Patriot Act in Champaign/Urbana (Lisa Chason)
- Day of War event
- Alternative Media Conference/Event
- Martin Luther King Day Events buses to Washington (Jeff Sowers) &
Literature/Leaflet (Carl Estabrook), Cityview article (Ricky Baldwin)
- Direct Action - ? (Ricky Baldwin)
-Literature Group?

Announcements of Upcoming Events (5 minutes)

Working Groups by 6:20 - unless we finish early!