[Peace] Help Dump Lott And Reaffirm American Values Of Justice And Equality (fwd)

patton paul ppatton at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Tue Dec 17 17:36:10 CST 2002

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 15:21:50 -0800 (PST)
From: TrueMajority <alerts at truemajority.org>
To: ppatton at uiuc.edu
Subject: Help Dump Lott And Reaffirm American Values Of Justice And
    Equality

Dear Paul,

Since last Friday, TrueMajority members have sent over 40,000 faxes to their
Senators calling on them to reject Trent Lott as Senate Majority
Leader. It's clear Americans are mad and are having an affect in Washington.

Republican Senators have called a meeting for January 6 to determine Trent
Lott's fate. We need to build as much pressure as we can before then to make
sure they don't elect this man Majority Leader. That is why we want to run the
following full page ad in the New York Times calling for his ouster. We think
it is a powerful ad, but we need your help to pay for printing it.

If you are having trouble seeing the ad or just want a clearer copy click this
link:

http://emailimages.ctsg.com/blsp/trentad1.pdf

So please help in two ways: first, if you'd like to make a tax deductible
online donation to pay for running the ad, please click this link.

http://store.yahoo.com/truemajority/lottad.html

We need to get in the money as soon as possible if we are to run the ad in time.

Then, if you still haven't sent your free faxes to your senators, click this
link and send them now. Please also forward this email to anyone else you think
might be interested and they can send their free faxes from this link too.

http://www.truemajority.com/lott

For more information you can visit these websites:

http://www.civilrights.org/issues/enforcement/details.cfm?id=10829
http://www.naacp.org/news/releases/lottresign121302.shtml
http://www.rainbowpush.org/