[Peace] RE: Fake guns

Danielle Chynoweth chyn at onthejob.net
Fri Feb 15 16:22:28 CST 2002

Peace friends,

I strongly advise AGAINST using fake guns.  There are numerous reports of
police shooting folks holding toy guns.  I do not trust Champaign police
in this matter.  Don't forget that the Champaign police killed a man less
than two years ago because his crouching behind a dumpster made them
suspicious.

I would use your arms to make a gun for the theater.  Toy guns aren't
necessary for the message to get across.

After watching police beat people for reaching for a cell phone or a water
bottle, I am particularly sensitive the the possibility of violence.

generally scared of provoking police,

danielle