[Peace] AWARE funds part 2

raia fink raiafink at students.uiuc.edu
Wed Feb 27 10:43:03 CST 2002

We have a checking account!
at Busey bank.

AWARE-beware:
after we effectively end this war and eliminate racism entirely, it will
still be in our best interest to remain an active organization for many,
many reasons, the least of which is that I had to buy 200 checks.

Lessons I've learned from this excursion:
The IRS doesn't mind anarchists so long as they follow all the rules and
pay taxes like good citizens. Banks, however, are less flexible.
For instance, I am now the official treasurer of AWARE. And, according to
the bank, we also have an official secretary, and an official (but not
elected) president. Sound framiliar? Don't worry, nobody has to know but
the bank, its not really essential info (in fact, I don't know why they
insisted that i name officers when its obvious I was pulling info out of
. . .my butt?)

Your official AWARE treasure(r),
Raia Fink

        Show me a time when violence is necessary and I will show you
              a time when you are not as free as you thought.
                           -Bombs don't meet needs-